Morstroytechnology draughted the project documentation and carried out the engineering surveys for the FVK Sever LLC’s “Zapad Container Terminal” in the Kaluga region.

Photo: FVK Sever LLC’s current container terminal

FVK Sever LLC is the terminal operator for the Freight Village group, providing a full range of logistics terminal services, including customs documentation, temporary storage facilities, freight storage, handling and transport, insurance and consulting.

The group is implementing projects to construct large-scale multimodal manufacturing and logistics centres in the Vorsino industrial park, on the border of Novaya Moskva and the Kaluga region, and at Rosva near the city of Kaluga.

Freight Village’s largest asset is the Vorsino transport and logistics centre, which comprises a rail container terminal with 7 lines 1,05km in length, a multimodal customs zone, class A cross-docking warehouses, and multifunctional manufacturing sites with a total area of 100,000m2. The terminal has a design capacity of 350,000 TEU. The company plans to increase the capacity of the current terminal, hence the requirement for the design engineering work.

FVK Sever LLC is a joint venture in which Freight Village Ru holds a 70% stake, with the remaining 30% owned by PJSC TransContainer.